Monday, March 25, 2013

Shaking that bump.

From previous posts, many will guess that The Saturdays do not take up any part of my iTunes library.


They symbolise everything I hate: manufactured, squeaky vocals and cheesy, pop songs.
 
They're air-headed stick instincts, who are famous based on their looks ...

However, Alan Carr's Chatty Man on Friday night readjusted my opinions.
 
They were dressed respectfully, not the usual mini skirts and stilettos. They held a conversation well, joining in with the banter. They came across as incredibly level-headed, successful young women.  Quite honestly, I was entertained. They certainly made more of an impression than Sean Paul to say the least.
 
Their transformation from their Up days could come after the drastic changes in their personal lives; Una has a one-year-old little girl and Rochelle is expecting her first baby with Marvin from JLS.
 

Rochelle in particular, evoked great respect from me. She must be about ready to drop and she's still working. Her energy and enthusiasm was simply incredible and it reflected in her mood; she was positively glowing.
 
 
To be honest, I don't think I've even seen a woman so heavily pregnant dance before and in heels as well. I can't dance in heels myself. I admire her dedication to her fans in putting on a good show but I only hope she will eventually start taking it easy for herself and the baby.

When I saw the headline 'Pregnant Rochelle Humes parties with The Saturdays until early hours of the morning to celebrate hitting No.1 spot' today I was slightly concerned that my new found resepct was going to be smashed to pieces, but this is the perfect example of when the media paint someone in a negative light to gain readership. Upon reading, I was pleased to see she wasn't just rolling out of a nightclub absolutely trashed, she had remained sat down most of the evening and was merely 'drunk on life and water'. Since when were pregnant women not allowed to party?
 
I can't say I'll be downloading their most recent album but they have managed to correct my opinions. They may not be the best singers but they are much more intelligent and down to earth than their music gives them credit for and they would be worthy replacements for Girls Aloud in the charts.