Saturday, February 9, 2013

Feeding Time at the Zoo.




Welcome to the zoo.
 
There's free admission to the chimps tea party, the buffaloes at the watering hole and you might even catch a live cat fight if you're lucky.
 
That's right ... McDonalds.
 
I'm not a regular inhabitant but I have to confess I am, understandably, partial to a Chicken Legend or a McFlurry from time to time. Living 5 minutes from the drive-thru, I tend to go in on the sly and retain some street cred' but today, for time and convenience, I decided to have a nice sit down meal on my lunch break ...
 
I'm still in shock.
 
There were children throwing food around like monkeys, men face planting into Big Macs, women practically rugby tackling other women in the queues to get there first ... they were even sacrificing their toddlers in a desperate bid to get a table.
 
Just when we thought we'd escaped, we walked into the hyena's lurking upstairs ... the teenagers. If they weren't intimidating customers they were running across tables, shouting, messing around, if I didn't know any better I'd have mistaken it for a creche. It's not like they were even eating, they were just laid all over the place in their tracksuit bottoms and hoods and that's not excluding the girls. There they all were, caked in make-up an inch thick, deludedly trailing around after the 'cool bad' boys all day; get a life kid ... or a  job, either would be a good start.
 
I mean I know it's a fast food restaurant but there really should be some kind of warning outside before innocent people stroll into this warzone; it was an incredibly traumatic experience ...
 
Jokes aside, it was more of a worrying experience of what life to come could be like. Grown adults were behaving like savages and it is them who have set the example to their children. It appears to be a generation of laziness and ill manners, living by the mantra 'every man for himself'. When you can't sit in your local McDonalds without feeling uncomfortable, you know you've got problems ...